Party Inspirations: Throwing a Mini Party

Wednesday, June 19, 2013













Last week was Michael's big 31st birthday. Since we planned on going out the weekend of, we didn't want to do anything big on his actual birthday so Koji and I threw him a mini party! I made some simple decorations out of scrapbook paper and Koji and I bought green balloons at Party City.

I don't usually cook meat since I don't really eat it but I thought for this occasion I would make Michael something he probably misses...I got the recipe for a Wasabi Flank Steak and Miso-Glazed Potatoes from Food and Wine (click here for recipe). I modified it a bit by adding truffle oil to the potatoes and serving it with an arugula/parmesan salad, not my finest cooking moments since I have no IDEA how to cook a steak but everyone ate. To keep it easy and quick, I bought a store bought Baum Baum cake from the Korean market, added blackberries and served it with green tea ice cream. YUM. Along with some cheese and crackers, the meal was super easy, cheap and quick to make!

Check out the Vine video I made taking pictures of the camera...

We celebrated the rest of the weekend with a rugby match and Korean karaoke, not a bad way to celebrate another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment