Party Time: Cowboys & Indians Birthday

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I celebrated my 27th birthday (yikes) last week with a Cowboys and Indians themed dinner party which turned out to be a lovely evening. The weather and setting were a perfect canvas for me to play with.

For the decor I collected old bottles and vases from the local thrift stores and filled them with various desert plants that I found around here. I also bought some more succulents to add to my collection used those through out. To add an element of fun I used figurines, a cow head and cowboy boots around the yard.

The menu consisted of sliders, coleslaw, grilled corn, BBQ chips, and a giant jar of pickles while we sipped on root beer, Jarritos, Iced Tea and Guinness. The beautiful ganache covered cake was made by my sister Hiromi. So profesh looking huh?

The Arizona sunset made for a lovely backdrop into the night where we sat around the chimenea for a while talking and laughing. I think I will stay 27 for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment