Holiday DIYness

Monday, December 20, 2010

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Between moving, work and baby madness I haven't had much of a chance to decorate this Holiday season but I've managed to squeeze in a little creativity and even put up my version of a Christmas tree...

A couple weekends ago I spent an entire Sunday experimenting with felting (on which I was instantly hooked) and I made some Christmas ornaments for my little tree. I tied 3 sparkly branches together and stuck them in a tin bucket adorned with pine cones and voila, my tree was done. I wish I had more time to add a garland but oh well, there's always next year!

Even gifting is taking a back seat this year which is a bit more depressing since I enjoy wrapping so damn much so instead I will recycle a post I did for Pacsun Community last year on eco-friendly wrapping. I think this year if I was to wrap more presents I would definitely use felted balls and string. Clearly, it's a felted kind of Christmas.

And speaking of my new addiction, here is a Matryoshka doll I made for my friend. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment